How the process works:
- We send out tax organizer packages either electronically or by mail in early January.
- After you have filled out your organizer and compiled all your tax documents, you can either upload the information to our SmartVault, drop it off at the office or send by US mail. As noted on the previous page I do not hold face-to-face meetings during this time.
- After work commences on your return, I will contact you by email to request any missing information or discuss what I need to finalize your returns. My expectation is that you will promptly respond.
- When your return is complete, I will send you a DocuSign of your tax returns, and process your invoice for the tax return preparation. If modifications are in order, I will send you an updated tax return through DocuSign.
Your responsibility is to thoroughly review your tax returns to ensure they are complete and accurate before you sign.
- Once you have reviewed your tax returns you will sign the electronic filing authorization forms. If you are filing a joint return both spouses must sign. At that time, I will electronically file your returns.
- A copy of your tax return will be uploaded to the Smart Vault. From there you will be able to download and print any IRS/FTB payment vouchers (if you didn’t opt out of electronic payments.)